Searching "external hard drive recovery" in Google, you will find it's really a hot topic in communities, forums and some companies concerning to data restore service. These days, external hard drive particularly USB based EXT. hard drive is very admired due to its capacity portability, and low price to increase your computer's storage capacity in order to Recover Data, and to share data between computers. You can easily purchase an EXT. hard drive manufactured by eminent firms like Toshiba, Seagate, Transcend, etc. online or in computer market.
Unfortunately, data stored in external hard disk can be lost, corrupted, unreadable, formatted or caught in other horrible situations. Data loss threats may come from many aspects, such as accidental deletion, formatting, system crash, broken external hard drive, virus attack and so on. Lost matter can be precious photos, videos, projects, designs or vital plans, and contracts involving a big business. Such files do earn million dollars for the party concerned. Don't panic. You can get help from data recovery software or service. There remains a strong possibility to retrieve lost files back from external hard drive, as long as you guard data from being overwritten.
Performing External Hard Drive Data Recovery with DIY Data Recovery Software
No matter whether you are a Mac user or Windows user, you can easily find a data recovery tool that suits for you well. Windows users can try Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery and Mac users can keep Softtote Data Recovery for Mac Software in hands. Mac users can use the following procedures of file recovery in this Mac data recovery which supports Mac OS X10.6 and above.
• Download it for free and launch it. There are three modes, File Recovery, Photo Recovery and Lost Partition Recovery available for you. Let's pick File Recovery for instance.
• Choose your external hard disk to scan. During this step, you can filter file type and narrow the series by checking the box of "For deleted files".
• Scanning time directly depends on size of file and disk read speed. And you can guess time by indications of estimated time, elapsed time, read sectors in scanning window.
• Preview and recover files after scanning. All files are categorized by its file type which enables you to preview files before recovery.
• Select a path to save retrieved files. Please note that retrieved files cannot be saved in the original drive
where files are lost in case files are overwritten and damaged.
Therefore, it's easy to operate such kind of DIY data retrieval software. External hard drive recovery is not as much complex as you think.